Thursday 18 November 2010

Hello Klaudia

Writing this blog in English, I did't expect anyone I know in Poland to read it, which leaves me pretty free to do what I want here. Basia has enough of my views at home and assumes all this going to be rubbish anyway, which I suspect is not too far from the truth, and just gave instructions not to be embarrassing. She therefore leaves me to get on with it and only looks over my shoulder occasionally.

However, she told me yesterday that Klaudia, my niece wanted to know the name of the site. I was just closing down the computer, having already written something for today, when I remembered this and I suddenly wondered if there was anything she might not like here. Now, the last thing I want to do is upset anyone in the family, especially the ladies, who are, as I heard complimentarily described on the Pit and the Pendulum (with Vincent Price) yesterday - "strong and wilful". A slight panic... but then I thought of a better way of dealing with it.

So, taking the words of the Johnny Mercer song:

You must have been a beautiful baby
You must have been a wonderful child




When you were only starting to go to kindergarten
I bet you drove the little boys wild.




And when it came to winning blue ribbons
You must have shown the other kids how.



I can see the judges' eyes as they handed you the prize
You must have made the cutest bow.




You must've been a beautiful baby
'Cause baby look at you now.


I'm a bit nervous, as not everyone likes their photo being shown publicly. However, just a small version from October this year.



No, it's just not good enough - perhaps slightly bigger:



"In for a penny, in for a pound":



OK, with all this effort, I've pretty much guaranteed that she'll never find the site. Phew, that's a relief.

No comments: