Saturday 28 May 2011

Sony DSC S3000 - close ups

My actual price was 369zl and there is at least one place on the internet advertising the package for 368zl.



I'm continuing to try things out, but I'm still not happy with the sharpness. I am starting to fear that this is because the JPEG compression rate is too high (at all megapixel sizes) for my preferences. If so, this is the first camera I have had with this problem.



However, the speed of start-up and its ability to spot focus at close range has allowed me to get the above pictures of very small butterflies/moths on the wing or stopping still for just a second, in a way I have never been able to do before.



Although the picture lacks the precision I would prefer, it still gives good close-up detail. (The camera doesn't have a close-up setting, but I had never been able to figure this out on other cameras anyway.) This spider was perhaps half a centimetre in length.



I think the camera is set up on the assumption that the users will be taking pictures of faces and similar focus points. I'm not having so much luck yet with more distant objects. It never occurred to me that I would have to take several shots of this old country cottage.



Keep on trying.

No comments: